For our practice to have been accredited by the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists we have reviewed our practice standards to ensure that they comply with national standards and best practice within the profession.
In achieving accredited status, we not only undertook a careful review of the practice, and asked another podiatrist to check our findings, but we also agreed to the practice being inspected by independent inspectors appointed by the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists.
We applied for Practice Accreditation because we feel that our patients have the right to be confident that their care is being provided within a safe environment. Not that the scheme is only concerned with the clinical environment it also, amongst other things, ensures that:
- single use instruments that are guaranteed 100% sterile and traceable
- staff engage in continuing professional development so as to keep their knowledge and skills up to date
- patient confidentiality is respected and proper care is taken with patient information
- we explain treatment options, where appropriate, and cost so that you can make an informed choice
- appropriate referral pathways exist for patients who need specialist care
- practice working methods are constantly reviewed.
We therefore feel that you can be confident in the care that you receive within this practice.
Registered – Health and Care Professions Council
Accredited – The College of Podiatry